CRM 4.0 Locking up IE 7
The issue took another leap in to the world of “what the hell?” when we started different methods of testing, for instance, when we installed CRM to a local machine for testing, then there were no issues what so ever. Then, we enabled javascipt debugging, and still, no issues. Using Fiddler to check the traffic, we noticed that it did crash after several successful call to the service. This led us to believe the issue was related to something in the request itself, not the server.
As it turns out, a phishing filter add-on that was used by Sophos was causing this issue. For some reason, Sophos was having a hard time scanning all the requests, therefore it was just hanging. Now to fix this solution, we added the CRM site to the Trusted Sites zone and modify the security. Here are the steps that worked for us:
1. From IE, goto Tools>Internet Options and select the Security tab.
2. Select Trusted Sites, the press the Sites button.
3. Add your crm url and press add, then close.
4. Select the Advanced tab.
5. Uncheck ‘Enable third-party browser extensions.
This will turn off the third-party phishing filter (Sophos in our case) and allow you to freely view CRM that features custom script without any headaches!
Let me know if this was helpful, this is my first real blog entry and I was limited on time, please let me know if you need more detail and I will post it.